Competition Rules, Terms and Conditions
By submitting an entry into the BBI Drinks Competition you agree to abide by the rules, terms and conditions of entry.
- A panel of experts will judge the competition during an anonymous, independent blind tasting and subsequent visual evaluation of packaging.
- The decision of the judges is final and can not be changed.
- A 'Gold' Medal and Certificate will be awarded for the outstanding product(s) in each class, and a 'Silver' Medal and Certificate will be awarded to the runner(s) up. Diplomas of Excellence will be awarded for other especially meritorious products in each class.
- The Judges have the right to withhold any prize or award if they consider there is insufficient merit.
- Only the names of winning competitors will be published after the event.
- The competition is open to all drink producers, bottlers, canners, packers and representative agents based in the UK or Worldwide.
- The entry fee (subject to change) is currently £95 + VAT for a competitor's first entry to any of the product classes and currently £70 + VAT for each additional entry. VAT is charged at the current standard rate of 20%.
- There is no limit to the number of products entered by an individual company.
- Any product entered for the Blind Tasting may be entered into the Packaging classes upon payment of a supplementary entry fee of £50 + VAT per product entered.
- The BBI reserves the right to withdraw an entry class should it decide its judging is not viable or reclassify entries should it believe they have been entered into an incorrect or unsuitable class.
- All entry fees are to be paid in advance of the competition date. Failure to make payment prior to the event may result in your product(s) being removed from the competition.
- Each competitor must send a total of four bottles, cans or containers for each product entered for the Blind Tasting classes. Two of these must have no distinguishing marks whatsoever (including embossing) on the bottle, can, container, lid or seal except a small stick-on identity label supplied by the BBI. The other two bottles, cans or containers must be normally dressed products as sold on the open market.
- Entrants to the Blind Tasting and Packaging classes are to supply two additional fully dressed products and apply the supplied identity labels to the underside of the container.
- Entrants to the Packaging classes only must supply two fully dressed products with the supplied identity labels applied to the underside of the container.
- Samples must be securely packed and despatched to; The British Bottlers' Institute, 2017 Competition, 53 Basepoint, Caxton Close, Andover, Hampshire, SP10 3FG, United Kingdom (Tel: + 44 (0) 1264 326478) to arrive between the dates indicated on the competition entry form.
- All packages must be clearly marked 'BBI Competition 2017' and a list of your entries detailing all of your products and identity numbers must accompany your competition entries.
- All samples are non-returnable.
- The British Bottlers' Institute cannot be held responsible for the loss, late arrival or for damaged/broken samples.
- Packing, freight charges, duty, VAT and all other associated fees are to be paid by the competitor. Overseas competitors are responsible for all charges up to and including delivery at the final delivery point, together with any currency exchange commission or other charges, including those levied in the UK.
These terms are subject to change and may be updated at any time and we recommend you review them regularly.